Rohit Homes are Eligible for the New Federal Mortgage Incentive
Lower mortgages can help first-time homebuyers get into our designer homes.
As of September 2, 2019, homebuyers can apply for funding with initial payouts to start early November. The program also allows previous homeowners to participate under certain conditions.
This is an exciting incentive that makes a magazine-worthy designer Rohit home even more attainable.
The incentive allows for your monthly mortgage payments to be lowered without having to increase the amount of your down payment.
- You have the option to pay it back in 25 years OR when you sell your home. Homeowners are also able to repay the incentive in full at any time without incurring a pre-payment penalty. Partial repayments will not be accepted.
Register below for the latest updates and for details about our upcoming First-Time Homebuyer Incentive information sessions!
Eligibility requirements (Updated Oct 4, 2019):
- A minimum down payment of 5% is required, and must come from traditional sources (savings, RRSP, non-repayable financial gift from a relative). Unsecured personal loans and unsecured lines of credit are not eligible.
- The qualifying income cannot exceed $120,000. This number is based on anyone whose name is on the mortgage, whether you’re applying by yourself, with a friend, a spouse, or have a co-signer. Qualifying income is a combination of your annual gross salary, investment income and any rental income you may have. Your down payment (savings, RRSP, non-repayable financial gift from a relative) is not included in calculating the qualifying income.
- The total borrowing is limited to 4 times the qualifying income and is the mortgage amount and incentive combined.
- Mortgages must be eligible for mortgage loan insurance through Canada Guaranty, CMHC, or Genworth. This means that the combined total of your down payment plus the incentive must be less than 20%.
- Homes under the First Place Program will not be eligible for the incentive.
The Government of Canada released a few tools and resources for the Program including:
- An Eligibility Calculator to help you understand if you are eligible for the Program and how the incentive will impact your mortgage.
- A Step-by-Step Map of the Program process, from learning more about the Program, to eligibility, application and repayment.
- An Application Process diagram showcasing the interactions between each party throughout the process (desktop tool).
Please visit the Government of Canada's First-Time Home Buyer Incentive website for more information.